I wanted to share an awesome recipe that my Weight Watchers leader gave us this week. Whether you are trying to lose a few pounds or not, this is the easiest little treat I’ve ever seen. If you are trying to lose weight this recipe is 2 points on the points + program when you add a spoonful of whipped cream and berries. I like having it on hand when we have birthday parties (like this weekend) so that I don’t feel like I’m missing out. I also like making it with the girls because they LOVE creating their own little cake in a mug.
- Get a box of Angel Food cake mix (not generic brand)
- Get a box of any other cake mix (Red Velvet, Chocolate, Vanilla…)
- Mix the two mixes in a large ziploc bag to make a master mix
- Add 3 level Tablespoons of this master mix to a coffee mug
- Add 2 Tablespoons of water to the mix
- stir with a spoon until blended
- Microwave for 1 minute
- Let cool
- Add a little whipped cream and berries (or just whipped cream)
Check out these yummy little strawberry shortcake desserts you can make with this recipe. Just use ramekins instead of coffee mugs. You could have a homemade dessert in one minute. And WOW, they’re frugal !
*It’s called 3-2-1 cake because it’s 3 tbsp of mix, 2 tbsp of water and 1 minute in the microwave. How easy is that ?? LOVE it.