I think it’s a good (and fun) idea for us to share our tips and triumphs in our efforts to get debt free. It’s helpful to think about the little money saving things that we do each day. These little things add up and end up making big changes for us. Try to leave a comment below if you did something to help get your family on the road to financial freedom. It helps when we can read each other’s ideas 🙂
Here is what I did in the past week or so to help my family continue to improve our financial outlook!
- We had a little mini-vacation at the beach last weekend. That was a little bit of a budget buster, but I was able to use vouchers that I purchased at a steep discount from Eversave to take a fun dolphin cruise with the family. We are all still talking about it.
- I took a class a few weeks ago and will be reimbursed for the tuition. It was a week long intensive class and I will get 3 master’s level credits for it. The cost of the class was $980 including the book and I will be reimbursed $870 from work. The cool thing was that I was able to sell the text book on Amazon for $50. So after it’s all said and done I will have only paid $60 for the class- not too shabby! I am going to be disciplined and put the $870 +$50 for the book right in our emergency fund. It’s kind of “found money” since I paid cash for the class. If you haven’t sold books on Amazon, give it a try. It’s very easy. If you need help with it contact me and I’ll walk you through it.
- I was off yesterday and took a FREEbie gathering trip with the twins. I had fun going around to different stores with the twins to pick up various FREEbies. We went to Pier 1 Imports and got $10 worth of free stuff and then we hit the drugstores. It was alot of fun!
- I am in the process of putting another round of stuff on Ebay and Craigslist. It looks as if the move may go through- no word yet, but it’s officially off the market so we’ll see. I’m trying to de-clutter and make money at the same time.
- I got SO many FREEbies and samples in the mail lately that we are making use of. How about you? How has your mail been?
So how did you do? Did you do something to save your family money in the last week? Did you eat at home instead of going out? Did you pack a lunch instead of getting take-out? Let us know in the comments section so that we can all learn from each other and help one another !